Sunday, March 8, 2009

Litesoft Modifier








Well, I took a couple of pictures of the large version of my Litesoft modifier. It really scatters the light making pictures evenly lit, even in a large room. I can't get over how much it throws light up and forward showering the room with light. so far all the testing I have done is positive, of course it's not a end all do all device, but it is the answer for a lot of small speed lights that everyone has so much trouble with. Even when it's turned vertical you don't have harsh shadows unless your subject is close to a wall or something close behind them. It's so light you don't even know it's on the camera, and it lays flat for storage. It's kind of like Gary Fongs Lightshere, except you don't lose the power throwing light all over the room, I own 3 Lightsheres and a Whaletail from Gary and they do work. My Litesoft directs light forward, but evenly keeping the power where your shooting. You can turn it to the side and direct the light anywhere you want and because of the black on the back you can use it to throw light where you need it without much spill. I think the craziest thing is when you turn it backwards, you can bounce it off the ceiling and wall or whatever behind you and the pictures come out amazing. I have to get the tech stuff why they come out that way then I'll post it, but I'm excited about what I'm seeing it's very cool. What a cool thing for a wedding in the house or a small room, I won't have to shoot them in the eyes directly. A good thing if your a bride getting flashed hundreds of times in a few hours.
Craig

No comments: